Fossil Hunting Links
Fossil hunting on the Peace River? Check the links below for fossil hunting inspirations, help in identifying your finds or why we have fossils in Florida.
General Fossil Links
- Paleo Florida - Great fossil website, plenty of pictures to inspire all fossil hunters
- Paleo Discoveries - Contact Paleo Discoveries if you are looking for help in finding fossils. Fred Mazza is a hunter and guide who can get you to the fossils. Groups of all sizes invited.
- Build a Field Trip - Contact Gabriella for school and youth group field trips including fossil hunting on the Peace River.
- Florida Museum of Natural History - the largest natural history museum in the southern United States, holding more than 16,000,000 specimens of mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fossils.
- FLMNH - Fossil permit application
- FLMNH - Fossil info
- FLMNH - Preserve your fossils
- Shark Teeth R Us - Fossil folks with fossil info and i.d.
- Treasure Sites - Megalodon and fossil site locations
- Shore Products - Check out the sand flea rakes, they're also good for finding shark teeth!
- FL Museum of Natural History - list of Fossil clubs and associations
- Manasota Fossil Club
- Southwest Florida Fossil Club
- Fossil Club of Lee County
- Central Florida Fossil Hunters
- Tampa Bay Fossil Club
Fossil & Fossil Hunting Videos
Florida Museum Fossil Videos
Do you have questions about Fossil Hunting on the Peace River? Email Canoe Safari (Georgia recommends the Gardner to Brownville run for fossil hunting!)